We're half way there
We are now half way through construction of the new M41 Water Main.
Works are currently taking place across five work fronts and we have completed some major milestones, including:
- tunneling under Alexandra Parade
- laying new water main across Victoria Parade and
- completing major pipe laying works in Edinburgh Gardens.
Check out the map below for where we will be working next.
About this projectThe M41 water main is almost 100 years old and needs to be replaced so that we can continue to efficiently supply drinking water to over 350,000 residents and local businesses living in Melbourne's inner suburbs.
Once complete, the project will:
- reduce water losses and disruption to supply from leaks
- increase capacity within the supply network
- continue to supply high quality, safe and reliable drinking water.
This project contributes to our strategic vision of ‘Enhancing Life and Liveability’ in the greater Melbourne region.