Improving our waterways for the Port Phillip and Westernport Region
We are asking community to influence our 10-year strategy for maintaining and improving the health of our catchments, rivers, creeks, wetlands and estuaries for future generations.
We are using a staged approach to developing a Healthy Waterways Strategy for the greater Melbourne region.
Catchments included in the strategy
We're currently piloting a collaborative design approach with the community and stakeholders for the Maribyrnong Catchment. The Werribee, Dandenong, Yarra and Westernport catchments will be rolled out from July onwards.
Thursday 24 August 2017 09:30 AM – 01:30 PM
Dandenong Catchment Collaboration Workshop #1
Where: Patterson River Golf Club, Bonbeach (google map)
Join community and key stakeholders as we kick off engagement in the Dandenong Catchment.
Our first workshop will cover:
- a snapshot of the catchment - including an overview and assessment of the condition of our waterways
- Key issues and opportunities in the catchment that need attention
- What does success look like when we work together in collaborative design
- Optional tour after lunch
Thursday 14 September 2017
Werribee Catchment Collaboration Workshop #2
Join community and key stakeholders for the second workshop in the collaboration series for the Werribee Catchment.
Please mark this date in your diary. More information will be released soon - stay tuned!
Thursday 12 October 2017 09:30 AM – 01:30 PM
Maribyrnong Catchment Collaboration: Workshop #5
Where: Maribyrnong Catchment location TBA
The next workshop will be held on 12 October, and will cover:
- Presentation of draft actions and targets from the 3 volunteer groups
- Prioritisation of actions and targets across all the groups / themes.
- Ensuring actions and targets meet goals and vision.
- De-brief on the process
We will provide an update once workshop details have been finalised.