Civil works begin at Hadfield Park Wallan Creek
After months of design work and community consultation, we’re pleased to announce that construction has commenced to naturalise a section of Wallan Creek in Hadfield Park.
Our construction partners, Victorian Green Works, will deliver the project on our behalf, which includes planting more than 40,000 native trees and shrubs along the naturalised channel.
The community will also get the chance to be involved in planting through a community planting event scheduled for Sunday 12 September, which we are hosting together with Mitchell Shire Council. We'll share more information about this with you later this month.
Once the planting is finished, we expect the area to be opened to the general public in late September.
The urban landscaping features implemented from your ideas include:
- Earth-lock along the naturalised channel to stabilise erosion and promote plant growth
- Connection of existing storm water outlets to the naturalised channel to improve drainage in the area
- Open water pools along the channel to encourage local wildlife
- Planting of 40,000 native trees and shrubs
- Tree protection zones along the channel
- Retaining the existing foot bridge
We look forward to enjoying this new open space with you in the coming months and thank you for your patience as we carry out these works.